Saturday, March 10, 2012

My "Martha Stewart" Umbrella Bucket

Quite a few years ago... probably a dozen or so... I was de-cluttering our porch entry... Looking for an attractive umbrella holder, I came across this metal vase in a Michaels craft store. It looked as if it would fit the bill. But it was so light it tipped over with umbrellas in it.


















Undeterred, I found a large rock and stuck it on the bottom - together with some old newsprint, which absorbs water well (in case the umbrella is wet) and dries quickly too.














So imagine my surprise the other day to see something similar in a Martha Stewart e-newsletter. I subscribe to them all, often finding interesting ideas. But rarely do I find her "copying" me!


















Another thing... it is perfect for storing our ever-popular extra-long Ikea shoe horns in too!

No comments:

Post a Comment